Monday, April 16, 2012

Andorid Apps: TogglePanel & Wigetsoid

There are some phone management tasks that I do so frequently it becomes a hassle to go 3 or 4 screens deep just to do something as simple as dim the screen.  My personal phone is an iPhone 4, and there's a nice app called SBSettings that allows me to do this since my phone is jailbroken.  On the Android side there are multiple apps available to accomplish this, the two that I would recommend are:  Widgetsoid  and TogglePanel.

Both of these apps make it easy to get to settings such as wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, and brightness from the notifications drop down.  

You can get TogglePanel from the Google Play store ($1).  Be aware this requires Android 4.0 ICS.


You can get Widgetsoid from the Google Play store (free).  This should work on most other Android versions 2.1 and up.


No comments: