Monday, April 09, 2012

The iPad & Polarized Sunlgasses don't get along.

I ran across someone in public a few days ago trying to use their iPad while enjoying lunch outside on a bright sunny day.  The person happened to be wearing sunglasses and was reading email in landscape mode (turned on its side).  After finishing up email, he turned the iPad back to the "normal" orientation - portrait - and had a puzzled look on his face.   He then proceeded to turn it in every direction and ended up using it in landscape mode again.   While I was only observing, I was wondering what the problem might be.   Well today, I found this gem in my news feed.

Apparently Apple has the iPad display polarized vertically and can cause problems when viewed through polarized glasses in it's normal portrait orientation.   See the video below:


No comments: